Mission: Airline Ambassadors provides for orphans and vulnerable children worldwide.
Guiding Principle: AAI leverages contacts with the airline industry to help children and provides an outlet for volunteers to express their fundamental generosity, selflessness and compassion.
Vision: Our vision is to amplify avenues of kindness and compassion through travel and bring long-term benefit to children and families in the developing world. By providing opportunities for travelers to become a living link matching resource to need, we increase sharing understanding and goodwill between peoples and cultures. We substantively improve the lives of those in need and provide opportunities for ordinary people to be of extraordinary service to one another.
Success to Date
- Hand delivered $60M in aid to children and families in 52 countries, positively impacting over 500,000 children.
- Established medical clinics (Haiti and El Salvador), schools (El Salvador and Guatemala), feeding programs (Argentina and Kenya), vocational training programs (Haiti, Thailand and Mexico), housing projects (El Salvador and Sri Lanka), sustainable agriculture (S. Africa).
- Escorted 1,200 children for life changing surgeries.
- Developed first industry specific training on Human Trafficking Awareness.
- Built seven Safe Houses in Haiti and developed first field manual on safe construction – CASA Manual.
- United States Congress (1996)
- United Nations (1997)
- World Peace Prayer Day – Woman of the Year Award and Ambassador of Peace Award (1999)
- Northwest Airlines In-flight Services Charity of the Year (2000)
- Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International and Humanitarian Award of the Islamic Cultural Center (2001)
- National Caring Award (2002)
- Presidential Volunteer Service Award (2003)
- Association of Professional Flight Attendants Award of Merit , E-town radio’s “E” Achievement Award (2005)
- Award of Valor Ministry of Foreign Relations, El Salvador and Heroes of the Hurricane Award (2006)
- Foreign Ministry of El Salvador (2007)
- First Lady of El Salvador (2008)
- City of Sosua, Dominican Republic (2009)
- Congressional Briefings on Human Trafficking and Boys Town Award (2010)
- Giraffe Hero Award 2012
- President’s Volunteer Service Award and Global Woman of the Year 2013